It’s hard to quit. We know. When you’re ready, we’re here.
Get tools and resources to help you quit
Starting in 2019, GatorCare members are eligible to enter a deposit contract to quit tobacco.
How it works:
- Attend a tobacco cessation group with Tobacco Free Florida or one-on-one coaching with a GatorCare wellness coordinator
- Deposit up to $100 with GatorCare
- Earn your money back by staying tobacco-free. You get half back for staying quit two months, and half for staying quit 4 months.
- At 6 months, GatorCare will match your deposit if you stay quit.
For more information and to get started, contact Brittany Evans, email@example.com.
GatorCare members may also be eligible to receive:
- Free quit aids with a prescription, including patches, gum, lozenges and medications like Chantix and Bupropion
Clickotine, a new smoking cessation app available to GatorCare members
- An innovative app developed to help individuals create a tailored smoking cessation plan at the touch of their hands
- Based on clinical trials, it consists of a personalized messaging system to overcome nicotine cravings
- Click here to learn more about the app and make a change today
Contact Felicia Brinkley, Tobacco Training Specialist
904-244-9355 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Group quit sessions are offered for free by Tobacco Free Florida and the Florida Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Network to all community members. AHEC classes provide support, guidance, and quit aids like nicotine replacement patches, when available and medically appropriate, to help you become tobacco free. The classes were created by an ex-smoker and are led by trained facilitators.
View the latest calendar of classes in Gainesville, Jacksonville and surrounding areas. You may also call 1-877-848-6696 for more information.
Tobacco Free Florida offers a variety of services and tools to help you get quit your way: 1) Phone Quit, 2) Group Quit, and 3) Web Quit. Learn more at tobaccofreeflorida.com.