Designed with flexibility in mind, offering three tiers of benefit coverage
The Premium Plus plan offers you three network tier options. Tier 1 benefits are services you receive from the GatorCare Network. Tier 1 is primarily composed of UF Health facilities and physicians in Central Florida, Gainesville, and Jacksonville, however, select community providers are included to ensure adequate access to care. Tier 1 benefits offer the best value, with lower copays, deductibles and out of pocket costs. Tier 2 benefits apply when you receive services from Florida Blue’s Network Blue providers, which typically result in higher out-of-pocket costs. When using Tiers 1 and 2 for wellness and preventive care, annual physicals and labs are offered with no out-of-pocket expense to you. Tier 3 benefits apply when you receive services from an out-of-network provider; you still have coverage but may be billed for the difference between the provider’s charge and the allowed amount.
Benefits (Coverage, co-pays, and co-insurance)
- 2023 Summary of Health Plan Benefits
- 2022 Summary of Health Plan Benefits
- Pre-enrollment Questions
- GatorCare Lodging Benefit – Hotel ELEO at the University of Florida
- New in 2023
- Value Max Copay Assistance for Diabetes Medication
- Tier 0 Contour® and Contour® Next Test Strips
- Maintenance Medication Refills – COMING SOON!
2023 Additional Resources
- 2023 Benefit Booklet – COMING SOON!
- 2023 Schedule of Benefits – COMING SOON!
- 2023 SBC Medical – COMING SOON!
- 2023 SBC Pharmacy
2022 Additional Resources
Contact your dedicated Florida Blue Representative:
- Gainesville-(352) 594-3354
- Jacksonville & Central Florida-(904) 244-9130
The following applies to the above plan:
As a result of the Affordable Care Act, GatorCare is required to provide employees with an easy-to-understand Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) statement that describes the plan’s coverage. All insurance companies must use the same format allowing members to compare plan options. Please note that the examples on page 8 for medical and page 12 for pharmacy, do not reflect actual GatorCare co-pays and deductibles, rather they are general examples required by the federal government. To get your GatorCare medical specific cost of services, call (800) 664-5295; for Magellan Pharmacy Benefits, call (800) 651-8921.