Whether it’s for business, pleasure, vacation, or world domination, we all find ourselves departing our normal spaces to embark to a new location. No matter what kind of trip it is, one thing is almost certain: we lose some of our normal routines, including physical activity. With a little planning ahead, you can find new ways to move, have fun and keep your body fit while you’re on vacation! Check out the tips below to learn more:
- If you have a day packed with adventure, try starting your morning with a 10 minute walk, run, stretch, or high intensity workout.
- Check out GatorCare’s video library for workout inspirations. While these workouts were initially designed for use at the office, all of them can be done while on vacation. The best part? They are all under 10 minutes!
- Try to incorporate bouts of physical activity into your sightseeing itinerary – for example, bike around your destination or try a walking tour!
- Pack lightweight exercise gear into your luggage, such as a resistance band!
- Majority of hotels, Airbnb’s and cruise ships offer running tracks, small gyms, and open spaces for yoga and other group fitness classes! Be sure to visit guest services or contact your host to see what amenities are offered during your stay.
- Opt to walk to restaurants and other local attractions instead of driving or calling an Uber.
- Always remember to walk with at least one other person and be aware of your surroundings!