What is Chronic Back Pain?
Chronic back pain, or recurring back pain, is any back pain that lasts for more than 12 weeks or any back pain that keeps coming back.
Possible symptoms may include:
- Constant or recurring back, hip, and/or leg aches
- Sharp or burning pain
- Tingling or numbness
- Muscle spasms
You may feel pain just on your back, down your legs, worse in the morning or at night, or sitting still for a long time or after you’ve been active.
Exploring the Pain Pathway
Explore these four 30-minute presentations on understanding chronic pain, managing chronic pain through lifestyle changes, and pharmaceutical interventions.
- View the handout: Yoga Poses for Back Pain
- View the handout: Proper Body Mechanics
- View the Wellness Wednesday Presentation: Applying Ergonomic Principles at Your Workstation
- Watch the presentation: Work Out, Work Better, or bring it to your department. Learn stretches and exercises to help alleviate pain caused by repetitive motions.
- Check out free live-streamed wellness classes offered by GatorCare.