Back pain is one of the most common conditions among Americans. For GatorCare members with chronic low back pain, GatorCare offers a self-care program to help increase flexibility, strengthen muscles and provide proper lifting techniques.
What is Chronic Back Pain?
Chronic back pain, or recurring back pain, is any back pain that lasts for more than 12 weeks or any back pain that keeps coming back.
Possible symptoms may include:
- Constant or recurring back, hip, and/or leg aches
- Sharp or burning pain
- Tingling or numbness
- Muscle spasms
You may feel pain just on your back, down your legs, worse in the morning or at night, or sitting still for a long time or after you’ve been active.
If you are a GatorCare member and have experienced any of these symptoms, you are eligible to enroll in the Back in Motion program.
Back in Motion: A Chronic Back Pain Self-Management Program
Are you a GatorCare member suffering from chronic back pain? Back in Motion is a new self-management program offered in Jacksonville. See below for further details.
Learn how to increase flexibility, identify proper lifting techniques, and increase core strength by completing the following components within three months:
- Watch one online educational module
- Complete three personal training sessions
Upon completion of this program you will be eligible for a FREE massage from our on-site massage therapist. Additional details can be found on Jacksonville’s Back in Motion webpage. For any questions, contact Corran Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the handout: Yoga Poses for Back Pain
- View the handout: Proper Body Mechanics
- View the Wellness Wednesday Presentation: Applying Ergonomic Principles at Your Workstation
- Watch the presentation: Work Out, Work Better, or bring it to your department. Learn stretches and exercises to help alleviate pain caused by repetitive motions.
- Check out free fitness classes offered by GatorCare.