For information regarding enrollment and eligibility, view the HR GatorGradCare website or call (352) 392-0003.
The information below pertains to the 2019-2020 benefit year.
- Emergency Care
- Where to Go When You Need Care
- Urgent Care Directory
University of Florida graduate students on appointment as a Graduate Assistant, Teaching Assistant, or Research Assistant may participate in the GatorGradCare health insurance plan. The GatorGradCare plan includes two network tiers for medical providers. While it is not necessary to stay within only one network tier, participants should understand how using services in Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 affect out-of-pocket costs.
Free Online Therapy from Talkspace
Free for Graduate Assistants with GatorGradCare benefits
Not feeling like yourself? You can use a service called Talkspace to send text, video and audio messages or schedule live video sessions with a dedicated therapist via phone, tablet or computer. Available at no cost, Talkspace online therapy is available to graduate assistants, their spouses and dependents 18 years or older enrolled in GatorGradCare. As of April 9, 2020 this benefit is also available to any covered GatorCare member.
Your program was open from February 1, 2020 to March 31, 2020. GatorGradCare subscribers were eligible for the wellness incentive program. The $50 Amazon gift cards will be distributed electronically by June for those that completed both the biometric screening and the online health assessment.
Stay tuned for the GatorGradCare email campaign and a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
- August: When in doubt, call SHCC!
- September: Primary Care Physicians & Flu Shots
- October: What is GatorGradCare?
- November: GatorGradCare On The Go & Health Over the Holidays
- December: Dental Benefits & More!
- January: Take Better Care of Yourself in the New Year!
- February: Windows to Wellness & UF Campus Resources
- March: Prescriptions, Pharmacy, and the True Metrix Program
- April: End This Semester With Success!
Use the Quick Reference list at the top of this page for more information about your benefits.
Have questions? Contact your on-site Florida Blue Service Representatives.
Helpful Documents for 2020 Benefits
- For information on costs and coverage: Summary of Health Plan Benefits
- For information on your dental benefits: Dental
- 2020 – Benefit Booklet
- 2020 Benefit Year Schedule of Benefits
- 2020 Benefit Year SBC for Medical
- 2020 Benefit Year SBC for Pharmacy
- For information on various programs and available resources: Summary of Resources
*The following applies to the above plan:
As a result of the Affordable Care Act, GatorCare is required to provide employees with an easy-to-understand Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) statement that describes the plan’s coverage. All insurance companies must use the same format allowing members to compare plan options. Please note that the examples on page 8 for medical and page 12 for pharmacy, do not reflect actual GatorCare co-pays and deductibles, rather they are general examples required by the federal government. To get your GatorCare medical specific cost of services, call (800) 664-5295; for Magellan Pharmacy Benefits, call (800) 651-8921.