The information below pertains to the 2021 – 2023 contract period.
- Emergency Care
- Where to Go When You Need Care
- Urgent Care Directory
University of Florida graduate students on appointment as a Graduate Assistant, Teaching Assistant, or Research Assistant may participate in the GatorGradCare health insurance plan. The GatorGradCare plan includes two network tiers for medical providers. While it is not necessary to stay within only one network tier, participants should understand how using services in Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 affect out-of-pocket costs.
Free Online Therapy from Talkspace
Free for Graduate Assistants with GatorGradCare benefits
Not feeling like yourself? You can use a service called Talkspace to send text, video and audio messages or schedule live video sessions with a dedicated therapist via phone, tablet or computer. Available at no cost, Talkspace online therapy is available to graduate assistants, their spouses and dependents 18 years or older enrolled in GatorGradCare. As of April 9, 2020 this benefit is also available to any covered GatorCare member.
Your program was open from February 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021. Eligible participants who completed a biometric screening and the online health assessment by the deadlines will receive a $50 Amazon gift card via email by June 2021.
GatorGradCare subscribers were eligible for the wellness incentive program. Spouses and dependents were not eligible for the program. $50 Amazon gift cards will be distributed electronically by June 2021 for those that complete both the biometric screening and the online health assessment. If you do not receive your Amazon gift card via email, please contact GatorCare by July 31, 2021.
Email Campaign 2020-2021
Stay tuned for the GatorGradCare email campaign and a chance to win $25 Amazon gift cards.
- August: Welcome to the GatorGradCare Email Campaign!
- August: When in doubt, call the Student Health Care Center!
- September: Primary Care Providers & Flu Vaccines!
- UPDATED October: What is GatorGradCare?
- November: GatorGradCare on the Go & Health over the Holidays
- December: Dental Benefits
- January: Take Better Care of Yourself in the New Year!
- February: Window to Wellness & UF Campus Resources
- March: UF Wellness Week, Pharmacy, and Diabetes Test Strips Program
- April: End This Semester with Success!
For the 2019-2020 emails from this campaign, please click here.
Use the Quick Reference list at the top of this page for more information about your benefits.
Helpful Documents for 2021 Benefits
- 2021 Benefit Changes – GGC / GGC OOA
- 2021-2023 Summary of Health Plan Benefits
- 2021 Schedule of Benefits
- For information on your 2021 dental benefits: Dental
- 2021 Benefit Year SBC for Medical
- 2021 Benefit Year SBC for Pharmacy
- For information on various programs and available resources: Summary of Resources
**Plan documents shown are for the GatorGradCare in-area plan. An out-of-area (OOA) plan is available for GA’s with work county locations other than Alachua or Duval. Eligibility for the OOA plan is determined automatically based on the GA’s work county location in UF PeopleSoft job data. Out-of-area plan information is found here..
- Click here to find out whether to contact Human Resources or Florida Blue.
- Or contact your on-site Florida Blue Service Representatives directly.:
*The following applies to the above plan:
As a result of the Affordable Care Act, GatorCare is required to provide employees with an easy-to-understand Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) statement that describes the plan’s coverage. All insurance companies must use the same format allowing members to compare plan options. Please note that the examples on page 8 for medical and page 12 for pharmacy, do not reflect actual GatorCare co-pays and deductibles, rather they are general examples required by the federal government. To get your GatorCare medical specific cost of services, call (800) 664-5295; for Magellan Pharmacy Benefits, call (800) 651-8921.