Kick off football season with our latest NFL Stadium Tour walking challenge! As you tackle your way through the map, you'll learn about the history of each NFL stadium and the teams they host. Unlike football players you'll read about it, you won't need cleats for this challenge. Draft your coworkers, friends, and family members to form a team together!
About the challenge
The Fall Walking Challenge is a four-week, competitive team walking challenge. Over the course of the challenge, you will track your steps (or comparable distance if using a wheelchair) using the Walker Tracker website/app (Learn more about Walker Tracker) to step towards victory. There will also be a surprise bonus activity, so be sure to watch your email for details!
How do I participate?
Please complete all steps below. You must complete both steps to participate in the challenge.
Complete the registration form. Although this is a team challenge, we ask that all individuals complete this registration form. It only takes a few minutes and gives us important pre-survey behavioral data, which helps improve our programs year after year!
Join the challenge on Walker Tracker. You may join an existing team, or create your own. Choose either option below.
- Joining a team? Ask your team captain to invite you to the team on Walker Tracker. Don’t have a team? Join our public team: Ready. Set. Hike.
- Creating a team? By creating a team, you are the team captain. View our detailed Captain’s Guide for further instructions.
Note: You may invite your co-workers and family members to join! (They do not need to be affiliated with UF/UF Health to participate. They can enter 00000000 as their employee ID when completing the registration form.)
Walker Tracker How-To’s
Step 1: Creating an Account
If you do not already have an account with Walker Tracker, you will need to create one! Follow these simple steps:
- Visit GatorCare.WalkerTracker.com. Click “Register Now” on the right side of the screen.
- Enter your contact information (UF Health Employees: Your Employee ID is located on the back of your badge. UF Employees: Enter your UFID. Family/Friends: Enter 00000000 as your Employee ID.)
- Agree to the terms of service and click Submit! Then download the Walker Tracker app for convenient step tracking throughout the challenge.
Step 2: Synchronizing a Device
Did you know that you can sync your step-tracking device to automatically send your steps to Walker Tracker? Walker Tracker can sync with dozens of devices, including Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, Withings, and more. Watch the video below to learn how to synchronize your device, or follow the Walker Tracker tutorials.
Please note: You must do one or the other, not both. For example, if you have your Fitbit connected you cannot manually track your steps too.
Step 3: Convert Your Activity
Please note: The only activity conversion allowed in this challenge is “wheelchair.”
Tutorial Videos & Support
If you are having difficulty registering for or using Walker Tracker, check out the tutorial videos below or contact Walker Tracker Support. Additional questions can be answered at Walker Tracker FAQs!
Creating an Account
Synchronizing a Device
Adding Steps Manually
Contact GatorCare Wellness with additional questions.