28 days of ab-blasting, water bottle-filling fun! Registration is now open!
- Download or print the challenge materials to keep the good times going! Plank & hydrate all year long with our calendars and self-tracker.
Missed the live planks? View the recordings here!
Why should I participate?
About 60% of our bodies are made up of water. No wonder we need it!
Drinking enough water:
- Maintains your body’s fluid balance, which regulates normal functioning like digestion and body temperature
- Fuels your muscles, lubricates your joints and gives you energy
- Improves your focus and promotes clearer thinking
- Makes you feel fuller, which can aid with weight loss
- The best indicator of your hydration is the color of your urine. View this chart to learn more!
What about planking?
Planking is a static core exercise that has many benefits:
- Strengthens your core muscles, which leads to better stability and performance of daily activities like sitting, picking up objects, etc.
- Helps reduce back pain by strengthening your back muscles
- Improves your mood by releasing “feel good” endorphins- ALL exercises do this!
- Improves your posture and balance
- You can plank from your hands or forearms!
- Maintain hands or elbows directly underneath the shoulders.
- Never clasp your hands when performing a plank.
- Keep spine straight and head neutral (eyes forward, not looking up or down).
Shout out to our leaders at UF and UF Health who are helping support the Plank & Drank Challenge by showing off their own plank skills!
President, University of Florida
Senior Vice President for Health Affairs at the University of Florida and President of UF Health
Interim Dean, College of Medicine
Chief Executive Officer, UF Health Shands
2019 Winner: Jodian Blake
2018 Winner: Jill Sutton
2017 Winners: Wetty or Not Here We Come
2016 Winners: Team ReegRat
UF Health Blog
The 2020 Plank & Drank Challenge was featured in the UF Health Blog. Read the full blog post here!