Wellness Partners are representatives from departments across UF and UF Health who play a vital role in supporting employee wellness. Partners disseminate information, set up presentations and encourage participation in wellness initiatives. Partners also provide valuable feedback to help the UF & UF Health Wellness Committee build a culture of health.
Interested in Becoming a Wellness Partner?
Partners should have an interest in and dedication to wellness as well as an interest in supporting the health and welfare of their fellow employees. All Wellness Partners must secure supervisory approval to act in this role for their unit or college. The time commitment should not exceed one hour per month. Partners do not have to be enrolled in GatorCare to participate, and initiatives will support all UF and UF Health employees, regardless of their insurance coverage.
- Disseminate information to employees about upcoming events (post flyers, send emails, share details one-on-one)
- Encourage employee participation
- Answer basic questions about wellness events and resources or refer employees to the wellness website or the Wellness Coordinators
- Help the UF & UF Health Wellness Committee better understand the cultures across the population (successful modes of communication, employee motivations, common barriers to healthy behaviors)
- And provide suggestions and feedback from employees to the Wellness Committee
Monthly Partner Spotlights
- December 2016: Denise Doose
- September 2016: Kim Doak
- August 2016: Jesse Killinger
- July 2016: Scott Fanning
- June 2016: Christine Winget
- April 2016: Cathy Zorilo
- March 2016: Cary Putnal
- February 2016: Tammy B.
- January 2016: Vicki B.
- November 2015: Kinnie T.
- October 2015: Gabe R.
- September 2015: Jason R.
- August 2015: Kathryn R.
- July 2015: Lori T.
- June 2015: Todd R.