Mission Nutrition Resources
Check out these supplemental resources to help you succeed during the Mission Nutrition Challenge.
Meal Prep Information
- Recipe for Success’ Food Prep for Success, step by step tips to prep food for the week
- Sample Meal Prep, see what a week’s worth of meal prep looks like
- The Lean Green Bean Food Prep Series
How to Prep Food on the Weekend, includes a breakdown of a dietitian’s actual weekend food prep
Weekend Prep for Easy Weekday Meals, an example of a weekend food prep and the meals it made throughout the week
Food Prep Inspiration, a compilation of weekend food prep sessions
- SELF: Cook Once Eat Healthy All Week, a sample grocery list, meal prep list, and recipes for the week
Beans, Beans, Beans
- Black Bean Veggie Burger
- Black Bean Spaghetti Recipes
- Tortilla Pie Casserole
- Lentil Sloppy Joes
- Southwest Soup
- Easy Veggie Lo Mein
- Tofu that Tastes Good Stir Fry
- Low-Fat Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
- Tempeh Stir Fry with Bell Peppers in Teriyaki Sauce
‘Round the World
- Easy Coconut Curry
- Cooking Light’s Tomato and Mozzarella Risotto
- Eating Well’s Black Bean Quesadillas
Other Recipes and Resources
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Spicy Rainbow Buddha Quinoa Bowl
- Pinterest Meatless Monday page, Features vegetarian breakfast, lunch, dinner, and side dishes, as well as a Kids Cook Meatless Monday and so much more!
Taste the Rainbow: Recipes with colorful fruits and veggies
- Tips to Sneak Vegetables into Food
- Simple Ways to Sneak Fruits and Vegetables into Your Kids Food
- Meatballs with Sneaky Veggies
- Better Mac and Cheese
- Sneaky Spaghetti Sauce
Whole Grain Recipes
Rice, Rice Baby
- Meatloaf Italian Style (with brown rice)
- Rice Cheddar Spinach Pie
- Arroz con Pollo
- Dairy Free Banana Rice Pudding
It’s ok to get ‘bulgur’
- 9 Grains You Should Know More About
- Chicken Avocado Salad with Bulgur
- Greek Inspired Quinoa Salad
- Parsley Tabbouleh with Bulgur
The Rolling Oats
Other Recipes and Resources
Recipes including Apple-Sage Wild Rice Stuffing, Barley Jambalaya, Brown Rice Tabbouleh, Brown Rice with Sizzling Chicken and Vegetables, Pasta Salad with Herb Vinaigrette, and more!
Loads of whole grain recipes including Easy Red Beans and Rice, Fantastic French Toast, Polenta with Pepper and Cheese, and more!
Whether you’re aware of it or not, you have a tendency to repeat certain patterns in your eating. Your dominant eating cycle has an important impact on your health, focus, and satisfaction with this aspect of your life. Since you can only change the things that you are aware of, this assessment is a powerful first step toward meaningful transformation.
Compilation of posts related to mindful eating
Learn about mindful eating and how it can impact your health and change your relationship with food.
Learn more about mindful eating and your current eating habits.
Practice mindful eating with this Raisin Meditation method.
- Sauté Tips
- Sauteed Chicken Breast with Dijon Herb Sauce
- Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken
- Sauteed Shrimp
- Sauteed Pork Chops with Sweet Potato, Apples and Mustard Sauce
Chill & Grill
- Margarita Shrimp
- Grilled Shrimp Panzanella
- TexMex Flank Steak and Vegetables
- Blackened Salmon Sandwich
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- Top 10 Grilled Fruit Recipes
Sugar, sugar, sugar
It’s hard to stay sugar free on Halloween! If you want to play by the rules, try fruit for dessert or one of the recipes listed above under “Nature’s Sweeteners.” If you want to cheat but aren’t ready to break down entirely, try one of the recipes below. And if you want to break all the rules (we won’t tell!) check out the “20 Healthier Halloween Candy Choices” article below to learn which Halloween candies are healthiest.
- Mounds Candy Bars (yes, there’s a little bit of added sweetener in these, but it’s Halloween!)
- Salted Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds (yes, chocolate has sugar)
- Healthier Halloween Candy Recipes
- 20 Healthier Halloween Candy Choices
Re-Think Your Drink