Get up and go! Couch to 5k
Get the support and resources to complete a 5k this fall with the Get Up and Go! Couch to 5k eight week program. Participants will follow a structured training plan to work up to 3.1 miles by the beginning of December. All levels are welcome; the plan is designed for those who aren’t currently running.
While not required, we encourage everyone to register for the 7th annual Season of Hope Run on the Gainesville Hawthorne Trail Saturday, December 2 at 9:00am. This specific race will be held right after the conclusion of eight week Couch to 5k training. Register for the race here!
- Self-directed training (we encourage you to use an app or printed training plan to keep you accountable) begins the week of October 2
- Kickoff party on Tuesday, October 3 to get the program started
- Weekly group runs, date/time/location TBD
- A variety of training tools and plans including training apps and printed training plans
- Weekly emails with inspiration, motivation, encouragement and tips
- Facebook page to keep you connected with others in the program
Register for the Get up and Go! Couch to 5k program here!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.