University of Florida graduate students on appointment as a Graduate Assistant, Teaching Assistant, or Research Assistant may participate in the GatorGradCare health insurance plan. The GatorGradCare plan includes two network tiers for medical providers. While it is not necessary to stay within only one network tier, participants should understand how using services in Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 affect out-of-pocket costs
NEW! Changes to GatorGradCare effective 8/16/17
- Earn a $50 Amazon gift card by participating in a wellness screening. Assess your risks and learn your health profile. Mark your calendar for this event in February 2018, exact dates and locations coming soon!
- $100 Rx benefit year deductible
- Mandatory 90-day supply at retail or mail delivery for maintenance medications
- Addition of Tier 1 individual and family benefit year deductible
- Virtual (video) visits at Student Health Care Center and participating UF Health physician practices
- $250 Emergency Room per-visit deductible
- Addition of Tier 2 $1000 inpatient per-visit deductible and increase in Tier 2 coinsurance
- Elimination of Tier 3 benefits except for emergency services and inpatient admissions related to emergency services
Use the Quick Reference toolbar to the left for more information about your benefits.
Still have questions? Contact your on-site Florida Blue Service Representatives.
Helpful Documents for 2017-2018 Benefits
- For information on costs and coverage: Summary of Health Plan Benefits
- For information on your dental benefits: Dental
- 2017 – 2018 – Benefit Booklet
- 2017 – 2020 Benefit Year Schedule of Benefits
- 2017 – 2020 Benefit Year SBC for Medical
- 2017 – 2020 Benefit Year SBC for Pharmacy
Looking for information on last year’s benefits? Visit the 2016-2017 Benefits page.
*The following applies to the above plan:
As a result of the Affordable Care Act, GatorCare is required to provide employees with an easy-to-understand Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) statement that describes the plan’s coverage. All insurance companies must use the same format allowing members to compare plan options. Please note that the examples on page 8 for medical and page 12 for pharmacy, do not reflect actual GatorCare co-pays and deductibles, rather they are general examples required by the federal government. To get your GatorCare medical specific cost of services, call (800) 664-5295; for Magellan Pharmacy Benefits, call (800) 651-8921.