For information regarding enrollment and eligibility, view the HR GatorGradCare website or call (352) 392-0003.
The information below pertains to the 2019-2020 benefit year.
- Emergency Care
- Where to Go When You Need Care
- Urgent Care Directory
University of Florida graduate students on appointment as a Graduate Assistant, Teaching Assistant, or Research Assistant may participate in the GatorGradCare health insurance plan. The GatorGradCare plan includes two network tiers for medical providers. While it is not necessary to stay within only one network tier, participants should understand how using services in Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 affect out-of-pocket costs.
New! Online Therapy
Free for Graduate Assistants with GatorGradCare benefits
Not feeling like yourself? Now you can use a service called Talkspace to send text, video and audio messages or schedule live video sessions with a dedicated therapist via phone, tablet or computer. Available at no cost, Talkspace online therapy is available to graduate assistants, their spouses and dependents 18 years or older enrolled in GatorGradCare.
Your program opens February 1, 2020 and closes March 31, 2020. Complete a biometric screening and the online health assessment to receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
STEP ONE: Complete your free biometric screening at an onsite event or at a participating Quest Diagnostics lab by March 15
Screenings will be held at the following locations on campus. Register for your screening here.
- February 5, Harrell Medical Education Building, Room 128, starting at 8:00 a.m.
- February 12, Reitz Union, Room 2355, starting at 8:00 a.m.
- February 13, Reitz Union, Room 2355, starting at 8:00 a.m.
- February 21, Smathers Library, Room 100, starting at 9:00 a.m.
Quest Diagnostics Lab:
Schedule your screening at a participating lab at a time and location that works best for YOU! Appointments are required. Directions for scheduling your appointment will be available in February.
STEP TWO: Login to your Better You Strides platform to complete your online health assessment by March 31
Your platform opens on 2/1/20. Instructions for completing your online health assessment will be available in February.
GatorGradCare subscribers are eligible for the wellness incentive program. Screenings are not open to spouses or dependents. $50 Amazon gift cards will be distributed electronically by June for those that complete both the biometric screening and the online health assessment.
Stay tuned for the GatorGradCare email campaign and a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
- August: When in doubt, call SHCC!
- September: Primary Care Physicians & Flu Shots
- October: What is GatorGradCare?
- November: GatorGradCare On The Go & Health Over the Holidays
- December: Dental Benefits & More!
- January: Take Better Care of Yourself in the New Year!
Use the Quick Reference list at the top of this page for more information about your benefits.
Have questions? Contact your on-site Florida Blue Service Representatives.
Helpful Documents for 2019-2020 Benefits
- For information on costs and coverage: Summary of Health Plan Benefits
- For information on your dental benefits: Dental
- 2019 – 2020 – Benefit Booklet
- 2019 – 2020 Benefit Year Schedule of Benefits
- 2019 – 2020 Benefit Year SBC for Medical
- 2019 – 2020 Benefit Year SBC for Pharmacy
- For information on various programs and available resources: Summary of Resources
*The following applies to the above plan:
As a result of the Affordable Care Act, GatorCare is required to provide employees with an easy-to-understand Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) statement that describes the plan’s coverage. All insurance companies must use the same format allowing members to compare plan options. Please note that the examples on page 8 for medical and page 12 for pharmacy, do not reflect actual GatorCare co-pays and deductibles, rather they are general examples required by the federal government. To get your GatorCare medical specific cost of services, call (800) 664-5295; for Magellan Pharmacy Benefits, call (800) 651-8921.