Get your brackets ready — it’s March Madness season! Download your bracket, fill in your predictions, and prepare to work on your wellness with each round. This individual challenge will focus on improving your overall wellness by completing activities related to all dimensions of health. You are encouraged to engage your department in this challenge and complete wellness activities together! Registration opens on March 9 and closes on March 16.
Challenge starts March 17 and ends April 6
- Print a blank bracket and the wellness activity list. Fill in your bracket all the way through the championship game.
- Keep track of the winning and losing teams from each round. After each round, compare game results to your individual bracket. If the team you selected to advance in your individual bracket does NOT win, complete the corresponding wellness activity to the losing team’s seed number. See example below or click here.
- Take pictures of you completing activities for a chance at flash prizes during the challenge. All flash prize opportunities will be communicated via text through Remind 101. See instructions for registering for Remind 101 below.
- Continue using the same March Madness Wellness Activities as the rounds move on toward the championship game.
- After the championship game on April 6, complete the post-survey to receive an individual March Madness Challenge certificate.
Want to get involved as a Department?
- Post a blank bracket and the wellness activity list on your wellness board so your team/unit/department can participate together! Click here to download wellness board materials.
- After each round, fill in the teams that advance on your blank wellness board bracket. Use your wellness board as a way to compare game results to your individual bracket and your coworkers brackets.
- Complete wellness activities together to keep your coworkers accountable! Take pictures of you and your department completing activities together for a chance to win a Most Enthusiastic Department trophy.
- After the championship game on April 6, submit a picture of your department completing wellness activities together to enter into a drawing for a Most Enthusiastic Department trophy! All photo submissions will be via text through Remind 101. See instructions for registering for Remind 101 below.
Get ready for flash drawings! Text @UFHMM to 81010 to join Remind 101. There will be four flash drawings at random via text throughout the challenge.
On March 22, #5 seeded Wisconsin plays #12 seeded Oregon.
If you selected Wisconsin (#5) to win, but Oregon (#12) claims the victory, then you complete activity #5 on the March Madness Activities (write down three things for which you are grateful).
If you didn’t select any winning teams for that round, you would have a list of eight healthy habits to choose from after every round.
Continue using the March Madness Wellness Activities as the rounds move on toward the championship game.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.