28 days of ab-blasting, water bottle-filling fun!
How does this work?
You will use Walker Tracker to track your water intake and plank times for 28 days. You will earn points for recording these and these points will enter you in a drawing to win the Golden Water Bottle Trophy! Sign up at the link above or by clicking here to receive emails throughout the challenge and more information on how to register on Walker Tracker.
Why should I participate?
About 60% of our bodies are made up of water. No wonder we need it!
Drinking enough water:
- Maintains your body’s fluid balance, which regulates normal functioning like digestion and body temperature
- Fuels your muscles, lubricates your joints and gives you energy
- Improves your focus and promotes clearer thinking
- Makes you feel fuller, which can aid with weight loss
What about planking?
Planking is a static core exercise that has many benefits:
- Strengthens your core muscles, which leads to better stability and performance of daily activities like sitting, picking up objects, etc.
- Helps reduce back pain by strengthening your back muscles
- Improves your mood by releasing “feel good” endorphins- ALL exercises do this!
- Improves your posture and balance
Walker Tracker Tutorials
Shout out to our leaders at UF and UF Health who are helping support the Plank & Drank Challenge by showing off their own plank skills!
President, University of Florida
Senior Vice President for Health Affairs at the University of Florida and President of UF Health
Interim Dean, College of Medicine
Chief Executive Officer, UF Health Shands
2018 Winner: Jill Sutton
2017 Winners: Wetty or Not Here We Come
2016 Winners: Team ReegRat